Sunday, November 27, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday (November 27)


Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  I thought of you all last Thursday, you lucky people with big turkey dinners on your tables, surrounded by family and friends, eating pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing and cranberry sauce...  Oh, yum.  See, down here we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. And, man, I miss it.  So I hope you enjoyed it double--for me.

We're back to Alexia's and Michael's goodbye scene from Chapter 7 of Restoring Experience for another six of Six Sentence Sunday.  I skipped a couple paragraphs between last week's six and this, but I doubt you'll notice.

“Okay, Friend,”  Michael said, “can I get a kiss goodbye?” 
“Of course.” I took a step forward, stood on tiptoe to reach his cheek. 
He pressed his hand to the side of my face, tilting it up towards him, and suddenly his mouth was very close.   
Alexia, slap him, scream!  
But this was happening to someone else, this body wasn’t mine, because I couldn’t move it.

Alexia's in trouble, I think.  Her boyfriend is NOT going to be happy about this.  Hope to see you back next week to find out if Alex will give in or slap him in the best Mexican tradition :)

Remember to visit the other Six Sundayers--there are some fantastic writers in there, and it's well worth the blog hop.  Have a fantastic Sunday, everyone!


9 comments :

  1. Wow! I definitely think Alexia's about to get kissed! Great six. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your background also. I'm so fascinated that here on Sunday mornings a bunch of people interact from literally all over the world. Some days the internet is wonderful.

    Oh, and I wouldn't worry about her boyfriend either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice build-up! Loved this weeks six :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Michael is so much bad boy trouble - how can a girl resist? :) Great six, girlie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say Alexia is done for :). Great six, Guilie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, powerful. I love the imagery of her body not being her own because she couldn't move it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for stopping by, and I'm glad you liked this snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The body isn't hers? Oh, I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...