Monday, February 8, 2016

#BoTB Results: Wish You Were Here

And thus ends the decades-long Gilmour-Waters dispute. Take a knee, Roger, and bow your head.

David Gilmour: 17.5
Lee
Denise
Mike (0.5)
Elsie
Alex
Vidya
FAE
Cathy
John
Michele
Elliptical Man
Roland
Birgit
Hank
Jeffrey
Robin
Donna
Madilyn

Roger Waters: 3.5
Mike (0.5)
Yolanda
Dixie
Susan

I almost feel sorry for Roger. Almost. Because I'm in the majority here... As much as I admire the eerie quality of his voice, the way emotion translates unedited into it, and his talent on the bass, it's Gilmour who wins this for me. Sorry, Roger.

For your further enjoyment, the Pulse version of Wish You Were Here (Division Bell tour, 1994)



Thank you so much, everyone, for being a part of this story, of this epic battle, and of the roaring success that was the Lost & Found hop. Special thanks to mastermind Arlee Bird and co-hosts Denise Covey, Yolanda Renee, Elizabeth Seckman, and the Ninja Captain Alex Cavanaugh, without whose dedication and effort and enthusiasm—and, in Alex's case, extraordinary tech support—this hop might not have been half as successful, and certainly not nearly as much fun. It was an honor to be your co-host.

7 comments :

  1. Glad Gilmour won but I'm surprised by how much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it would be closer. Nice bonus song, I went to see them on that tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great song and a great battle. Another win for me and you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's actually one of my hubby's favorite albums. I could probably recreate the whole song from scratch having heard it so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hop it was too!Kudos to you for the idea!
    I don't win many of these battles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GUILIE ~
    I believe you miscounted and that GILMOUR should have had 18.5 votes. Because I don't see my name in the column of Gilmour-voters, and yet I distinctly remember voting for him.

    How easy I am to forget, eh?
    OK, I see how it is now.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not at all surprised by this outcome. Hard to beat Gilmour's outstanding version.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...